2 Mommies and a Baby

      :  

Friday, June 09, 2006

enough already

Lois is a master of patience. I am coming apart at the seams. The 2 week wait hasn’t been too anxiety-ridden until the last 48 hours.
Lois is 15 days post insemination. Today is cycle day 31 and AF has not yet arrived. One month, AF did come on day 31, so we are no exuberant yet.
But I am worse than a 5 year old on Christmas Eve.
Lois refuses to test until AFTER she thinks she has a missed period. I am trying not to push but I have asked her once a day since Tuesday, “are you sure you don’t want to test now?”
Maybe so many negatives keep us from being completely positive and overanxious during the 2ww.
She has no feeling either way, no symptoms of AF (which she never has anyway) or pregnancy (we both have our gut feelings, though).
For now, I am calling her every 30 minutes at work to make sure she didn't get her period yet.
Can we really get through the next 24 hours to test tomorrow morning?!?!?
I keep thinking about how exciting it would be if it worked this time, at the same time, so fearful to be excited based on her prior miscarriage.
This whole process is really an emotional roller coaster.
I am thinking about taking Lo out for dinner tonight as a partial celebration (mainly because we don’t have any plans for the first Friday night in FOREVER), but maybe that would be jumping the gun before we have anything to celebrate?!?!?
Today is Friday and I will be out of the office for a conference on Monday and my senior partner is out most of next week. Next week will be absolutely hell and I should be trying to focus on that right now and not on a life changing moment that could occur with one pee on a stick tomorrow.
Yeah….right.
posted by Holly at 12:50 PM

2 Comments:

I'm hoping this is leading up to your BFP! C'mon, lucky donor!!! ;) Keep us posted! We're awaiting the news anxiously. I admire Lois' ability to put off the testing. I can't do that--the TWW is long enough!!!

1:24 PM  

You should test right now. Tell Loey I said.

5:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home