2 Mommies and a Baby

      :  

Thursday, February 22, 2007

pretty good kid

So, things are going pretty well. I've been back at work and crazy busy, so my extra time is a little limited.

We're trying to figure everything out with our little guy.

He's pretty good at letting us know when he's hungry - the sucking on the fist is a big clue.

He screams bloody murder when we are changing his diaper and a few times for no reason at all. It's tough when we live in a condo with thin walls and don't want our neighbors to think we're beating him.

The sleep thing is going fairly well so far. He's good for 4-5 hours at a shot, it's finding the secret that puts him to sleep that eludes us now and again.

I like the book The Happiest Baby on the Block. A friend at work also gave me the Baby Whisperer today, but who's got time to read??!?!?

Right now, we're trying the Pachelbel Canon in D as a possible fall asleep song.

I'm sure it will put me to sleep first.
posted by Holly at 9:59 PM

6 Comments:

Exciting times! I cannot wait for the sleepless nights and the busy days! Congratulations!!

Oh, and....Pachelbel Canon in D was one of our wedding songs.

By the way, I change my blog name from TheCreationOfOurFamily to AsThePigFlies.

12:22 PM  

I can't believe he is two weeks old already! Hang in there and have a good weekend.

12:31 PM  

Glad to hear things are going well... let me know all the secrets you discover so I can be extra prepared when I need them!!! Can't wait to see more pictures :)

1:31 PM  

Looks like you guys are getting into the swing of things. Doesn't feeding put him to sleep?

3:18 PM  

Glad it's going well. :) We enjoyed those books too.

Riley hates diaper changes most of the time too. Especially when I'm heating her bottle and trying to change her while it warms up. She figures the food should be ready NOW. The sucky part of not having her latch properly--directly from the breast would be sooo much faster.

I can't imagine how it must be to be back at work! Good luck with that and sleeping!

6:48 AM  

Sounds like you are moving into the role of motherhood fairly easily. I'm not looking forward to the sleep deprivation. More pictures please. It's not as if you don't already have enough things to do.

1:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home