2 Mommies and a Baby

      :  

Friday, August 12, 2005

a little scare

Everyone will tell you that getting through a pregnancy is a roller coaster, emotionally and every other way.
It is very true.
Yesterday, we had a little scare, and I had moments of extreme anxiety that I didn’t realize I was capable of.
Lois had some bleeding yesterday. She called me and told me it wasn’t a big deal, but that I should know about it. It was red.
From what I have read, red blood is bad, brown blood is okay. If red blood and cramping occur, it is not good at all. Lois had no cramping.
So, I made her call the doctor and she dragged her feet. “I don’t want to be an alarmist,” she said. Needless to say, I think I said something like “call the doctor, or don’t call me back until you do.”
The doctor’s office made her come in for an immediate ultrasound. I was on pins and needles all day, basically unable to function as a normal human being in the world until I heard back from her. I checked my cell phone to see if it was working approximately 87 times.
She called me at after the ultrasound.
“Everything is fine,” she announced. “Baby’s heart rate is great and they found no problems.”
Thank God!!! I breathed again.
Later, Lois admitted that the doctor thought I had done my job by making her go and how she was glad I made her go.
Surprising, I am not usually the alarmist one.
posted by Holly at 1:04 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home