2 Mommies and a Baby

      :  

Friday, December 08, 2006

false alarm

After 4 hours of back and forth with the doctors, Lois was sent home.

The doctor who we will probably switch to said that since there were no contractions, pressure or pain associated with the incompetent cervix at this point, she didn’t need to be admitted to the hospital.

The doc (Dr. F) who made the call is probably the top doctor in this area for high-risk pregnancy. When Lois goes back in on Monday for another appointment, we will finally push the subject of switching to Dr. F due to his experience and his affiliation with the hospital we want to deliver in if Chubby does come sooner rather than later.

At least she’ll be home for the weekend.

I was almost relieved when she was going to be admitted. At least in the hospital, if something happens, she would be in better hands than being alone with either me or her mother.

I was hoping we wouldn’t be spending Christmas in the hospital, now I am hoping that he hangs in there until at least Christmas. If we spend Christmas in the hospital this year to make sure Chubby has more of a chance, piece of cake.
posted by Holly at 4:27 PM

5 Comments:

OMG you guys gave me a heart attack. I can just imagine how you feel.

HANG IN THERE GIRLS & THE CHUBBY!!!

I do hope you get that new doctor. Experience in a doctor makes us feel more secure which then helps keep the Chubby relaxed.

4:48 PM  

Hoping that chubby stays put.

Get a copy of the newspaper and start reading him/her headlines. That should be enough to convince him/her that it's good inside.

8:03 PM  

I'm with art-sweet...chubby needs to enjoy the shelter of his current home a bit more.

Both of you take it easy this weekend. I hope you get the doctor you want moving forward. Remember, the doctor works for you.

8:29 PM  

I'm still sending BIG stay in there thoughts you're way. I think you guys may have your hands full with your new little guy. Looks like he's all ready trying to do things on his terms. He could just be getting you prepared for the next 20, 30, 40 years! Hang in there girls!!

9:38 AM  

I am sending Chubby lots of "STAY PUT" vibes!

And hang in there Mommies! All three of you are in my thoughts.

5:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home