2 Mommies and a Baby

      :  

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Lois had another doctor appointment on Monday and things are looking good.

The cervix has not decreased and remains at about 1.3 cm. The numbers aren’t great, but at least it’s not getting worse. For now, it looks like they’ll let Lois stay at home unless it goes below 1 cm.

Chubby is still growing and is still the most active baby ever. He’s steadily moving around about 15 hours a day now. And, he still is upside down with his head right on the cervix.

He seems a little overanxious to come out.

For now, Lois is staying with her parents during the week and at home on weekends. The doctor makes her take car trips every week anyway for ultrasounds, so she just heads to her new location afterwards.

Last week, I spent a few nights at her parents, and this week, I will probably only spend one night there due to my goings on at work. Lois is really urging that I don’t get sidetracked or distracted from my new job. Especially since it’s the only income we have for who knows how long.

I miss her terribly, though.

It’s amazing that for 3 years of our relationship (the law school days), we lived 300 miles apart and only saw each other on weekends.

Now, one or two nights apart and I can’t sleep without her. I know it’s probably related to the pregnancy complication stress, but still, I feel a little lame.

As much as this time seems to be moving like molasses, we don’t want it to end too soon.

Keep that baby cooking in there Loey! Time will come that life will be back to normal again. Well, maybe not normal, but at least closer to normal than this.
posted by Holly at 8:12 PM

2 Comments:

What a wonderful post. I love the fact that you miss your Loey so much. It sounds like you defintely have your hands full Holly. I'm sending happy thoughts your way for those days when it just seems to be too much! I already have days like that and Shelly's not even on bed rest. :)

9:27 PM  

I was going to say...NORMAL...hah. Maybe in 20 years. Last night I was holding a crying 8 month old from 2 a.m. to 4 a.m. :-)

I agree with Dee. What a sweet post. I can't sleep when my husband isn't around either. There are times when he's there that I think, "oh, when he's away on his next business trip I am going to spread out, use as many blankets as I want and sleep like a princess." Never happens. It just feels so empty.

9:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home