2 Mommies and a Baby

      :  

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

fun music

I was in the car for about 2.5 hours today and the song “Hooch” by Everything came on the 90s station. I cranked it up as loud as my little Hyundai speakers would go and I kept replaying and replaying it as I drove through the beautiful colorful leafiness of the great state of Connecticut.

I like just about every type of music (except for the stuff Lois’ nephews listen to – headbanger/skater music and hard rap). Therefore, my XM radio is about perfect for someone like me as I have about 24 favorite channels to sift through.

But there are always songs that you find on a random station that I call “once in a blue moon feel good songs.”

I’m talking about songs that just pick your spirits up, maybe you know all of the words,

Here’s a list of a few songs that I just thought of that just make me happy for some reason or another (in no particular order):

Last Train to Clarksville – the Monkees
Feel Like Makin’ Love – Melissa Ferrick
Sister Song – ani difranco/Rachel Sage
Lady Marmalade – Christina Aguilera et al
Rock and Roll Heart – Eric Clapton
Hooch – Everything
Miami – Will Smith
Wild Wild West – The Escape Club
Goodbye to You - Scandal
Put Your Records On - Corrine Bailey Rae
Black Horse and a Cherry Tree – KT Tunstall
Too Funky – George Michael
Cherry, Cherry – Neil Diamond
As Cool As I Am – Dar Williams
Must be Crazy for Me – Melissa Etheridge
You Got It – Bonnie Raitt (but Roy Orbison will work too!)
Only the Good Die Young – Billy Joel
Brian Wilson – Barenaked Ladies

Once I started this list, I realized I could keep going. Yes, I realize that I have a list that includes the Monkees, Will Smith and Neil Diamond. I am not ashamed of my music taste.

Please leave comments with your favorites, or just a song that grabbed you today.

Don’t be shy. It’s okay, we won’t judge or make fun if you like Britney Spears or KC & the Sunshine Band. (well, maybe just a little)

I know as soon as I post this, I will come up with 10 more.
posted by Holly at 11:45 AM

10 Comments:

I like the techno version of the Hampster Dance! It always makes me grin. Try this quiz(best done while at work):

http://www.sassyadmin.tacklegirls.com/officethemesongquiz.html

12:59 PM  

hmm, it cut off...

http://www.sassyadmin.tacklegirls.com
/officethemesongquiz.html

Try that without the space. :)

1:00 PM  

Ray of Light by Madonna
Shaming of The Sun - Indigo Girls
Freedom '90 - George Michael
Every Little Bit - Patty Griffin
Flaming Red - Patty Griffin
The World Ain't Slowin' Down - Ellis Paul
Anything from Glass Houses by Billy Joel
Shy - Ani
Horses - Tori Amos
Fighter - Christina Aguilera

Have I dated myself enough with most of this?

LOL

Mal

1:40 PM  

Push It - Salt N Pepa
You Got It – Bonnie Raitt
ABC - Jackson 5
I Want You Back - Jackson 5
Spirit in the Sky - ?
Hollywood - Madonna
Let's Get Retarded - Black Eyed Peas
Leave Me Alone (I'm Lonely) - Pink
What About Your Friend? - TLC
Baby Got Back - Sir Mixalot
It Takes Two - Rob Bass
Nasty - Janet Jackson
Turn Back Time - Cher
Thunderdome - Tina Turner
Doo Wop (That Thing) - Lauryn Hill
Little Bitty Pretty One - Thurston Harris
Everybody - Backstreet Boys (go ahead and laugh!)
Overprotected - Britney Spears (that one's for you!)
Bust A Move - Young MC

2:49 PM  

Oh gosh, now I NEED to hear Hooch. Thank goodness for iTunes.

Current favorite guilty-pleasure fun song is SexyBack. Complete with really bad white girl dancing in the safety of my kitchen.

11:47 PM  

I love "Sexy Back"--fun song. Makes me want to dance when I hear it.

10:06 AM  

Blister in the Sun -Violent Femmes
Lets Go Crazy - Prince
How Soon is Now? The Smiths
London Calling - The Clash
Friday I'm in Love -The Cure
Happy Song - Melissa Ferrick
Family Affair -Mary J. Blige

10:07 AM  

I'm adding 2 more:

Juicy by Better than Ezra
Take your Mama by Scissor Sisters

10:56 PM  

Justified and Ancient - KLF
I Feel Lucky - Mary Chapin Carpenter
Thank You - Boyz II Men
Love You Out Loud - Rascal Flatts
Soulfully - Catie Curtis

7:23 PM  

Lately, "Radio" by Apes and Androids, a lovely new NYC band that is bringing back the glam.

http://www.myspace.com/apesandandroids

12:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home