2 Mommies and a Baby
Wednesday, July 19, 2006
· Baby is now called a fetus in "medical terms". You, however, may have chosen the name "peanut," "angel," "jumping bean" or simply "miracle."
· The most critical part of your infant's development is complete. Now you are headed into a period of rapid growth.
· While a bit strange to envision, your baby's head is now about half its length - Soon the rest of the body's growth will catch up but this area is prepared to keep up with the rapid brain development!
· Eyelids fuse shut and irises begin to develop - Eye color is also determined by this point.
· Placenta begins to function this week or next - The placenta is the organ responsible for both the provision of nutrients along with the removal of waste to keep your baby growing strong!
· Your baby will be about 1.22 inch long (3.1cm) and weigh 0.14 ounce (4gm) at the end of this week