2 Mommies and a Baby

      :  

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

11 weeks

We’re at 11 weeks!




From BabyCenter.com

How your baby's growing: Your fig-sized baby is now fully formed — measuring 1 1/2 inches long and weighing in at a quarter of an ounce. His skin is still transparent, allowing many of his blood vessels to show through. Some of his bones are beginning to harden, and tiny toothbuds are starting to appear under his gums. His fingers and toes have separated, and he may soon be able to open and close his fists. He's already busy kicking and stretching, and his tiny movements are so fluid they look like water ballet. These movements will increase as his body grows and becomes more developed and functional. As his diaphragm develops, your tiny tenant may also start to get the hiccups. Because he's still so small, though, you won't feel any of his workouts or intrauterine gulps until sometime between weeks 16 and 20.

Not sure what a fig is, but I looked it up. How wonderful is the internet.

posted by Holly at 9:14 AM

4 Comments:

So exciting!

Hey, here's something that's working for me (for the most part)... When I feel gross, grapes are wonderful. I like them better than candies because they aren't as sour or sugary. Maybe Lois would like them.

The 2nd trimester is what--2 weeks away? So cool! We're almost 10 weeks (2 days to go) and we're so excited because the baby is now considered a fetus. It's the little steps that are amazing.

Is Lois showing at all yet? My belly tends to stick out more than usual and it's really bad when I get bloated. I was looking at pictures and women seem to show at different times--some earlier than others.

11:01 AM  

YAY!!!!

11:59 AM  

Yeah! It has tiny little toes!

4:27 PM  

We are so happy for you guys out here. Congrats on turning 30, I forget I am actually older than you! I'm sorry Lois is feeling so gross, but I have no real advise to share. Except that this to shall pass!
We love you guys! I will be updating Jacob's page soon. My Mom and Dad send their love, she can't wait to start making things for the baby!

11:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home