2 Mommies and a Baby

      :  

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

update - - end of week 10

I am happy to report that Lois had 3 pretty good days in a row!

On both Saturday and Sunday, she ate 2 meals and kept everything down! Sunday, we even went to the mall for a little while with Suz and baby Kaden, and Lois worked in the garden for a little while.
Yesterday, she felt “like her normal self” all day, ate a sandwich for lunch, threw up before dinner, and had a real home cooked meal for dinner!

In other news, we got a phone call from the OB’s office yesterday with the results from the blood tests. Lois has all negative results for the Cystic Fibrosis and Fragile X tests which is great news!

On August 7th, she has a regular OB appointment and August 8th is some ultrasound that is done at another facility. It’s a first trimester screening usually recommended for high risk pregnancies and was recommended by our OB since Lois is over 35 and already had a miscarriage.

For right now, things are looking good and I am anxious to get through a few more weeks before I relax a little.

I am still amazed at how different Lois is this time around as far as being much more in touch with the baby and really feeling that this is the child we are going to raise. Like I said before, the last pregnancy, she never felt that way.
posted by Holly at 9:03 AM

3 Comments:

I'm glad she's starting to feel better and that the pregnancy is going well. Yay for negative blood tests!!!

11:22 AM  

I'm glad Lois is starting to feel better. The medicine that I'm taking for queasiness is called Promethazine and is a godsend if you ask me. They wrote me prescriptions for two other meds if I wanted to fill them. One was waaaaaaaaaay $$. It was funny because when the OB told me I could take meds for it, I was like "How come I didn't know this before?" It has made a world of difference. Hope that helps!

5:25 PM  

YAY !!!!! I'm glad she is feeling better and in the garden... YAY!!!

We are getting there ladies. Just keep looking at the finish line.

6:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home