2 Mommies and a Baby

      :  

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

12 weeks

Chubby is 12 weeks today!!!


From Babycenter.com…
How your baby's growing: Your baby's hit the 2-inch mark (about the size of a lime) and weighs half an ounce. Her face is beginning to look more human. Her eyes, which started out on the sides of her head, have moved closer together on her face, and her ears are near their final positions on the sides of her head…


It’s very exciting to see the growth. The last ultrasound at 8 weeks, we felt sheepish and silly showing people because it was like “here’s the head, I think, and I think some legs or it’s butt or something.” It’s not like we weren’t excited, but it’s a little more exciting when it starts to look more like a baby.

This made me laugh…

also from Babycenter.com
You may also start getting heartburn (also called acid indigestion), a burning sensation that often extends from the bottom of your breastbone to your lower throat. It's caused by both hormonal and physical changes in your body — and can take the pleasure out of eating a meal or sleeping. Eating small meals and avoiding foods that make the problem worse, such as fried, spicy, or fatty foods, can help.


Starting to get heartburn? Lois has had heartburn for the past 5 weeks. And, the avoiding fried, spicy or fatty foods? You have got to be kidding.
On the short list of things Lois is willing to eat are nachos, chicken nuggets, chicken parm grinders, home fries, etc.
Yes, she does get heartburn afterwards, but the heartburn seems to be outweighed by the not starving thing.

So, here we are at 12 weeks. This gives me heart palpitations. Lois’ miscarriage with Ziggy (first pregnancy) happened at 12 weeks, 3 days.

As I have said before, Lois was not feeling that the pregnancy with Ziggy was “the one” but she feels that Chubby is “the one.” So, she is not as nervous as I am, but how can you not think about it?

We haven’t bought one thing this time around (we only bought one or two things last time as well) and probably won’t buy anything for a few more weeks.

But I will feel a little better when this week passes and a week from today am announcing Chubby’s 13th week! Then I will be a little worrywart until the 26 week point, then until the 36 week point, 40 week point, giving birth point, then for the rest of my life!!!!!!!!!!!!!
posted by Holly at 9:56 AM

3 Comments:

Grow Chubby GROW!!

And you are right! The worrying never stops!!

10:30 AM  

I get acid reflux from certain foods. Seems like raspberry jam hates me. What's up with that?

I hear ya on eating the bad food. I seem to crave fries and bad stuff like that. Mmmm. Fruit is just not appealing anymore. So bad.

I look forward to seeing your 13 week post which I *know* is coming. :) I'm with Lois on this one, it'll all be fine. Worrying is what we do and you'll always worry. It's the first step to being a parent. ;)

I am just a step behind you at almost 11 weeks. I get so excited seeing the week change and knowing 13 weeks is just around the corner...

2:06 PM  

YAY 12 WEEKS!!!! SO CLOSE TO FINDING OUT WHAT IT IS!!!! 40wks is just around the corner.

9:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home