2 Mommies and a Baby

      :  

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

"I'm going to get everything!!!"

Had to do two quick posts this morning since I've been slacking.

Lois is convinced now that she is going to have every single thing that comes with pregnancy.

Yesterday morning, after waking up to a nosebleed, she declared, "I’m going to have everything, aren’t I? Soon, I’ll have hemorrhoids and varicose veins!"
This morning, she added, "and my body isn’t changing all that much yet, can you imagine what’s going to happen?"

Ahhhh...pregnancy.

Let’s review: she’s been through morning sickness (still has it really, but she’s able to eat a meal here and there unlike weeks ago), she’s exhausted, cranky, whiney, and now the heartburn is getting worse. She’s always been a great sleeper (something I’m usually jealous of) but now, she’s restless, tossing and turning, waking up and not being able to fall back asleep, etc.

As for the body changes, we have no idea what her boobs weighed before this ordeal (maybe 1-1.5 lbs each), but they are up to 2.5 lbs each (yes, we weighed them).
She feels bloated, constantly mentions that she feels fat and miserable and at every sigh and groan, she apologizes for being a "whiney baby."

Then, I proceed to tell her,
"you are not a whiney baby, you are growing a life inside of you and that happens to take a little out of you" and
"you are not fat, you are pregnant and beautiful" and
"it’s a wonderful thing to be creating a life, remember that" and, finally
"of course, I’m not going to leave you."

I would giggle and tell her that I think all of this is cute, but I’m afraid she’ll slug me.
posted by Holly at 7:56 AM

8 Comments:

Ah so much fun being pregnant. I am doing alright but I too have had more restless sleep. Normally I sleep well through the night but now I wake up to things and have to get up to pee at least once, if not twice or more.

I'm sure she'll feel less "fat" with the nice pregnant belly. I can't wait to look *really* pregnant. I think pregnant women are beautiful.

10:29 AM  

Holly,
I saw your posting on my blog and did not respond because I thought you were probably one of my partner's regular L-Mom friends with whom she chats all the time. I stay out of those relationships. I imagine they've all heard less-than-flattering things about me since I started law school :)

Thanks for your post. Yes, I made time for pleasure reading and TONS of fun this summer. I am an evening student, so school will take 4 years. I'd love to hear more about what area of law you practice, what you think, what you would have done differently in law school..etc. I'll take a wild chance and post my email address here in case you'd like to correspond: dakota@clark.edu

Congrats to you both on the pregnancy! I am the non-bio Mom to two wonderful kids, ages 1 and 4. (Partner's blog is Dancing on the Edge.) I well remember all of the drama of trying to get pregnant and the pregnancy itself. What a wonderful time! If you have any questions about life from this side of the pregnancy and motherhood, feel free to drop a line.

Take care,
D

4:41 PM  

I think Loey is not "Cute Pregnant" she is "Surly Pregnant".

My kinda girl.

6:13 PM  

I think maybe she should see a doctor... has she had a pg test yet? That would be my first course of action ;)

10:16 AM  

I don't think a doctor appointment is required. She is pregnant. Those are all good signs. Is she getting RLP (Round Ligament Pains) like Stacey is?? Then remind her that she has not gotten everything! :)

She is allowed 2 Zantac a day. I did the research for Stacey. Those will cure her heartburn really really good.

12:48 PM  

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Congrats on the baby. How exciting. Looking forward to reading your adventures in parenthood.

4:05 PM  

I believe that I've said everyone of those things to Chad during my pregnancies. Don't worry. Lois will have good days and bad days. I love months 5-6 the best because I felt good and felt the baby move too. Keep telling her you love her and buy her some flowers. She'll be ok.

5:47 AM  

Body pillows are your friend. Get at least two.

12:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home