2 Mommies and a Baby

      :  

Friday, August 11, 2006

she feels pregnant

last night I had one of those moments and i tried explaining it to Lois, not sure if she thought I was lame, crazy or if I was insulting her...
we usually end up in a right side spoon when we fall asleep. she's on the right side of the bed, so I spoon from behind, cute, right?
Anyway, last night, maybe it was because we saw so much movement from Chubby (the baby) in the U/S this week, maybe because she is starting a little puffy belly thing, maybe because her boobs have gotten so big, I don't know...
I rolled over, spooned her and had this "oh my...she's pregnant!" thought. Not a realization thought but more physical. It was more real to me I guess and I kept squeezing her. I don't know how to put it, but she felt pregnant to me, not just the 'you peed on a stick and you're pregnant' feeling, but that 'things are changing and she's really pregnant!' feeling. Is that weird?
I don't know, but it was soft and cuddly and wonderful. Am I nuts?
posted by Holly at 10:26 AM

6 Comments:

No, you're not nuts! She's three months pregnant and the changes are real. In another month, clothes will get too tight and the belly will start to show more. There's a subtle difference too between being pregnant and gaining weight. You gain weight all over, but pregnancy makes you gain more in certain places. It's just a wonderful thing to watch.

10:48 AM  

Nuts? Not at all. It sounds very sweet & tender. Can't wait until my girl & I can experience the same kind of moment :)

11:46 AM  

what if I think you're nuts...
just kidding (of course)

12:34 PM  

It's totally understandable. It's becoming more real as you see and feel it. And this is something you really notice, being her partner. I know Angele saw changes before anyone else but everyone agrees that I'm already starting to show!

Angele will have lie on my back so she can check my belly at night. She jokes that she felt the baby move and it's really sweet. :) It's so fun looking forward to this with the woman you love, y'know?

Hey, Lois, don't you have an id and a blog?! ;)

2:42 PM  

My partner and I agreed that it is absolutely adorable, and very sweet. Thanks for sharing!

9:06 PM  

I don't think it's crazy at all. Stacey started to show early and everytime I look at her I go "OH yeah... we're having a baby."

8:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home