2 Mommies and a Baby

      :  

Friday, November 24, 2006

home sweet home

We are home!!!

After 3 days at Lois' parents' house, we are home! No hospital stay for now.

Thank you everyone for your well wishes!!!

We had the ultrasound this morning and nothing is any worse. Lois is complying with the "strict bed rest" instructions.

We'll talk to the doctor again on Monday.

Since the hospital closer to our house has a better NICU and it's only a mile away, we will probably need to have a conversation with our doctor (who we love) to see if we should switch to a doctor out of this hospital.

It appears that this is our only option right now. A cerclage (stitch) might have been a possibility a few weeks ago, but not anymore.

I think we can get some time out of this so long as Lois can hang in there. She is already bored.

Our little guy is estimated to be around 2.5 lbs. His head is exactly over the funnelage that is opening the cervix. Let's hope he hangs in there.

Our doctor left a cute and somewhat long winded message on Wednesday giving Lois some encouragement that she sees many women get a ton of time on bed rest and have very healthy babies.

Let's get as much time as we can!

Our goal for now is at least Christmas. (that's about 33 weeks)

As for now, Lois will probably spend weekends at home and weekends at her parents' house so that someone is home with her.

Now if only I could figure out how to hook up the wireless modem at her parents' house for her to use the laptop!!!!
posted by Holly at 2:36 PM

7 Comments:

Glad to hear things went well. I hope the strict bedrest keeps little Chubby in there until Christmas or longer!!! Thanks for updating us all. Angele and I were eagerly awaiting an update.

3:08 PM  

GOOD TO HEAR!!!! Hang in there little one!!!

The longer the better. It gives me hope tho after what I read this morning that if Riley was born now at 27wks she would have a 87% chance of survival. Those are good numbers but they get even better every week.

3:09 PM  

Eagerly is an under statement!!! We have been stocking since 8am this morning.

3:10 PM  

We're so glad to hear Lois is home for now and is hanging in there with Chubby. Bed rest may be boring but maybe it'll be a good opportunity to catch up on some reading and movie watching! We're thinking the best for you.

8:23 PM  

Such great news! I am so happy to hear this! I'm glad she is home!

11:51 PM  

Wow!!! I just got caught up and it sounds like you and Loey have had a rough few days. My sister made it through months of bed rest and my nephew, Miles, is smart, braty and 6 yrs. Tara and I miss you and love all three of you!!! Ben

1:50 AM  

My cousin Sarah's baby Isabelle is chunky and gorgeous at 4 months and Sarah was on hospitalized bed rest for 1 1/2 months. I hope Loey isn't too bored. What kind of stuff should I put in a care package to her? Books and things?? Does she want to learn how to knit?

5:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home