2 Mommies and a Baby

      :  

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

36 weeks

We made it to 36 weeks!

Holy crap.

I don’t think anyone, including us or our doctors, ever thought we would make it to 36 weeks.

On being thankful...

I must offer the highest praise to Lois who listened to the doctors, didn’t cheat, didn’t complain about the food I provided to her (mostly take out) or the lack of cleanliness or organization in the house and didn’t completely freak out about my being responsible for the household in every way, shape and form.

(Although, she did make a few comments here and there about how she clips coupons and goes to the grocery store for "food with which to make meals" and I seem to spend a lot of money only to bring back "snack food.")

On being back to normal...

Lois just called me after her doctor’s appointment. The OB told Lois today that she can "go crazy" and do whatever she wants. I told Lois she should be a little cautious about "going crazy" but maybe we can actually have a meal outside the house!

She is now a "normal pregnant woman" – whatever that means!

I need to clarify if this means any form of intimacy is a possibility. I didn’t want to ask Lois with her mother in the car.

On being early...

The one positive thing Lois held onto if he was born early was that he would be small, i.e. less painful for mommy when he comes into the world.

Now the joke it, after all of this, this kid is going to be late. The 10+ lbs, 2 weeks past the due date kind of late.

Just kidding honey!

Not really.


On being ready...


We are ready for him now, and he is getting stronger and healthier every day. I am getting the room together this weekend and have all of my work priorities in order so if I have to leave, I won’t be stressed out.

He now can come now. Anytime. Well, any time except for this Sunday between 6:30-10:30 pm or Sunday, February 4th between 6:30 – 11:30 pm.

Just kidding!

Not really.
posted by Holly at 3:51 PM

7 Comments:

I can't believe you've made it to 36 weeks! Congratulations!!!! Everytime I click on your blog I'm prepared to read, "We're in labor" or "Andrew's here". I can't wait to see pictures!!!

8:40 PM  

I am so excited for you guys.... Congrats on the 36 weeks. I know why you don't want him to come this Sunday, you don't want to miss the COLTS win :) Ha Ha! You guys take care!

8:52 PM  

awesome! congrats!

11:19 PM  

woo woo
Good luck in the upcoming week/s!

10:56 AM  

Congratulations on making it to 36 weeks! I remember how terrified we all were back in early December that Andrew would arrive too early. So glad things have gone well and Andrew will be considered term when he arrives. :) Your post made me laugh with the "Just kidding" and "not really"...

11:18 AM  

If he is home for the super bowl I am totally inviting myself over.

Also, how long are you taking off from work? Do you get paid leave?

6:14 PM  

Congratulations on making it to 36 weeks! It sounds like you are well-prepared too. Hope you get to see the game this week!

7:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home