2 Mommies and a Baby

      :  

Friday, August 18, 2006

Eat a Big Mac!!!

Lois just called me to ask if I thought it was okay if she had a Big Mac for lunch.

"Are you kidding? Have a Big Mac! At least it is something you want to eat for a change! This is your time to have an excuse to eat one, go for it!"

"But I feel fat!"

"You are pregnant. Eat a Big Mac, feel fat and happy and don't feel guilty for a second!"

"Ok"

I smiled for awhile after I hung up thinking about her driving to McDonald's happy as a clam. For the first time in a while, she feels good and actually is looking forward to food, any food.

But, did she really need to call me for permission to eat one?

My sister told me that she ate Taco Bell at least 2 meals a day throughout her entire pregnancy with my nephew. Maybe that's why he can't sit still at 11 years old....;-)
posted by Holly at 12:31 PM

3 Comments:

I craved Big Macs (without the meat cuz I'm a vegetarian and I'm weird) for the beginning of the pregnancy. It's weird how your tastes change. I'm glad she's feeling better--the 2nd trimester is supposed to be a breeze. :)

2:16 PM  

Food cravings while you're pregnant are wierd. Lois will want to eat some fattening foods and that's ok. All I know is that I gained 60lbs with Elliott and lost it all within a month after his birth because I was breastfeeding. So just tell her that while pregnancy only requires an extra 200 calories a day, breastfeeding needs an extra 500 calories a day-and since you're too tired to make sure you're eating that much extra while trying to take care of a newborn, you'll lose the baby weight. And, yes, the second trimester is a breeze. You almost feel normal, haven't gained too much weight, sleep pretty well, and start to feel the baby move!

3:26 PM  

If I win the Chubby pool, do I get a prize? Like, a weekend trip with Chubby someplace exotic while you guys sleep?

I hope Loey gains some cute pregnancy weight.

2:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home